Collection, Use and Security of Personal Information
EOE PARTNERS Collection of Personal Information
- The EOE PARTNERS will collect Personal Information on an individual only if the individual provides the information to the EOE Partners. The EOE PARTNERS also may collect information about a person who has been referred to the website to send them emails regarding EOE’s efforts or a person to whom the EOE PARTNERS has been asked to send emails regarding EOE’s programs or efforts. If a person donates to the EOE Partners, the EOE PARTNERS may collect sensitive Personal Information such as the donor’s credit card number, card type, and expiration date and keep a record of the financial transaction.
- The EOE PARTNERS may collect Demographic Information it obtains from individuals and third parties for fund raising purposes and to notify persons of EOE PARTNERS programs, events, educational opportunities and upcoming meetings.
- The EOE PARTNERS may collect Aggregate and Transactional Information and add to its database every time a person visits an EOE PARTNERS Web Site. Also, the EOE PARTNERS collects Aggregate Information for research purposes.
EOE PARTNERS Use of Personal Information
- When an individual provides Personal Information to the EOE, the EOE PARTNERS may use the Personal Information for its programs, research and fund raising.
- The EOE PARTNERS uses Transactional Information for research purposes for the development or implementation of its programs, products and services. The presumption is that, since Transactional Information is highly proprietary, it will not be disclosed to third parties.
- The EOE PARTNERS will disclose all information as required by law.
- The EOE PARTNERS will make every effort to discontinue the use of an individual’s Personal Information as soon as practicable if requested by that individual. The EOE PARTNERS may need to retain Information in its archives and records to comply with law, resolve disputes, analyze problems, assist with any investigations, enforce EOE’s User Agreement and other policies, and take other actions otherwise permitted or required by law.
The EOE PARTNERS will take reasonable and appropriate measures to keep Personal Information confidential and in a secure environment, including taking appropriate action in the event of unauthorized disclosure.
- Access to Personal Information will be restricted to only those personnel with a legitimate business purpose.
- The EOE PARTNERS owns all Personal Information provided to it by individuals and collected in accordance with this Policy. When an individual provides Information to the EOE, the EOE PARTNERS will ensure that the individual acknowledges their assignment of the right to use the data to the EOE.
Third Party Disclosure
Permission is required before the EOE PARTNERS discloses Personal Information to a third party. No permission is necessary for Aggregate Information, since Aggregate Information does not identify a specific individual.
- For disclosure of Demographic Information (e.g., rentals or exchanges of donor lists), the EOE PARTNERS as a minimum will use the “Opt Out” approach. An “opt-out” is obtained when the EOE PARTNERS through some correspondence gives an individual the opportunity to decline or “opt-out” of disclosures to third parties. If the individual does not opt out, permission is deemed granted. Depending upon the nature of an activity or project, a higher standard than “opt-out” may be used, such as “opt-in” whereby an individual must affirmatively give consent before information is disclosed.
- From time to time, there is a benefit in allowing a third party to use collected Personal Information on individuals. However, unless an individual gives permission, the EOE PARTNERS will not disclose Personal Information collected by the EOE PARTNERS to any third party. The EOE PARTNERS sometimes engages third parties to provide certain operational services to the EOE PARTNERS or on its behalf. The EOE PARTNERS may disclose PersonalInformation to those third parties on a “need to know” basis under a written contract.
- The EOE PARTNERS uses and allows third parties to use Aggregate Information for research purposes for the development or implementation of its programs, products and services.
All sales are final. No refunds on any purchases made at events. Should a donor not follow through with a goods or service, an appropriate accommodation will be given.